Riders prepare for battle at the 2018 Momentum Health Attakwas Extreme presented by Biogen. Photo: www.zcmc.co.za The 13th edition…
Race week is finally here and it’s almost time to put your long training hours to the test.
As things will be done a little differently this year, we want to highlight a few important notes to keep in mind:
- Registration will only take place on Friday, 20 August 2021 from 10:00 until 21:00. It is compulsory for all participants to attend registration in person to complete the Covid screening tests. Location LINK.
- No number board collection or registration will be allowed on Saturday, 21 August 2021.
RACE CHECK IN:
- Any rider who does not physically check into his allocated start batch by reporting to the race official will not be recognized as an official finisher.
- Starting in a different batch as allocated will result in disqualification, no exceptions.
Please follow the LINK to your batch check in location.
- No seeding related queries and changes will be entertained after Wednesday, 18 August 2021 at 17:00.
It is compulsory to wear a mask at check in as well as in the starting chute. Riders will be notified when they may remove their masks just prior to the start.
- Please note that access to the check in locations C, E & G are via Jan van Riebeeck Road and Vrede Street – these entry points will be clearly marked.
- Race departure times from check-in locations
06:45 – AAM
06:47 – AAF
06:50 – A
06:55 – B
07:00 – C
07:05 – D
07:10 – E
07:15 – F
07:20 – G
Each batch will be escorted from the departure point by a neutral lead vehicle and riders are NOT allowed to pass this vehicle until the batch passes through the kilometre zero official start point at Chandelier. Riders will ride through the start area (rolling start format) where kilometre zero is clearly indicated and also where the official electronic timing will start. NO riders will be allowed to start the race at Chandelier Game Lodge.
- No spectators are allowed at registration, start- and finish line or water points.
- Unfortunately, access to Pine Creek Resort is only permitted for riders. Participants, along with their friends and family are encouraged to celebrate responsibly at the
various restaurants and tourism attractions in the area like Botlierskop Private Game Reserve – thank you for supporting local establishments!
- Please return your timing tag attached to your number board to any Dryland official, whether you have completed the race or not. If you fail to comply:
- A tag replacement fee will be charged for your expense
- Upon withdrawing from the event it is paramount that a rider returns the timing tag to our race office and indicate to officials that they have abandoned the race. Failure to do so may result in the respective rider being held responsible for search and rescue costs incurred.
Please drive safe and remember to tag us in your journey to Oudtshoorn on social media by using the hashtag #AttakwasExtreme, we cannot wait to welcome you.
Congratulations on accepting the challenge to see if you’re Ratel Tough enough and celebrate 15 years of extreme with us!
The Momentum Medical Scheme Attakwas Extreme presented by Biogen Team